SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
collectorguru

Yikes! Here We Go....Again! Please Help us Refresh this home

Design2 girl
4 years ago

Yikes, its me again...and my daughter and son in law are finally moving closer to us and we are beyond thrilled. They found a home, and are beginning to consider a few key changes . BUT...they are still in Texas and have a newborn. So, I am going to be helping her on this end and we will be doing long distance planning until later when the baby can travel. They are basically starting from scratch and the whole ball of wax and would love some input regarding paint choices (the whole house will be painted, all walls, ceilings, trim) and furniture placement.

Disclaimer: All photos are from MLS pics and none of these furnishings are staying.

The general plan is to lighten/brighten all the walls with whites/off whites, Samplize colors to be ordered include (in no certain order: Alabaster, Cloud White, Cotton Balls, China White, Creamy, Simply White, Linen White, White Dove, Dove Wing, Intimate White, Pink Bliss, And if you have any others to add to the list, please sing out.

The first question is regarding what type of sofa to use in the family room. The room is fairly spacious measuring approximately 22' x 25" and will have a TV. The plantation shutters are in place and the mantle is staying. The ceiling is vaulted and an open stairway occupies one wall. This room is somewhat visible from the front door. They require toddler-tough and baby friendly fabrics. What would that be?

1097 Enclave Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37415 Home for Sale · More Info

Would you place a TV over this mantle?

So, the question in this room is how would you arrange this furniture? Does a sectional seem to be the answer or would you do 2 sofas with chairs/ottoman?

Thanks if you read this far!

Comments (18)