SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sophia_franco8662619

Help change exterior from pink to coastal

Sophia Franco
2 years ago

Hi all, I’ve spent hours trying to figure out the best way to transform the exterior of our home. I hate the arches and the columns but most of all the color. We live 5 min from the beach and with 4 kids we are hoping to transform this into a coastal casual home. If I could pick a style to purchase it would be key west style house, but we are stuck here for a while so I want to turn it into something we love.

1. I wish we could change out our windows to rectangles but we can’t so need to work with what we have.

2. Thinking we could possibly change the cylinder columns to square, not sure if this is a relatively inexpensive fix. Has anyone done this? It was hard to find before/after examples.

3. I hate the Spanish tile pathway to the house. What would be a better option?

4. Paint colors- I love some of the Greek Tuscan pictures I’ve seen, off white paint, dark roof and garage door. Can we paint the tiles dark? Would we want the tile the same color as the garage door?

5. Should we paint the gutters darker as well?

6. The back porch drives me crazy. (We are relandscaping so ignore all the kids stuff). What should I do about that awning? Change it out?

That is all for now. Thanks for the advice!

Comments (9)