SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevinhoene

please help with basement layout

kevinhoene
8 years ago

Hello,

My wife and I have been struggling with how to lay out our basement. I think we're set on where the theater and exercise room will be, but we've looked at different options for where to put the bar and ping pong table. Please help us decide between Option A, Option B, or feel free to make different suggestions!

We will have a side walkout - facing east. We will have a sliding door and a couple windows on the walkout wall. I've shown the basement floor plan below, but we are open to moving the bar and will probably make the bar smaller than what is shown on the architect's plans. We would be fine with having 4 bar stools. I like the idea of a couch or something comfortable near the bar so some people could hang out at the bar while others sit on the couch. We'd also like room for a card table in this area. We would want the TV visible from the ping pong table, bar, and card table.

Plans from architect showing Option A:

Option A (with notes that I had provided to architect):

Option B (moving the bar next to the bathroom):

What are people's thoughts about lining up a couch next to the bar like shown in the picture above? We've also considered a lower-height bar like this picture with comfortable chairs like shown:

Traditional Living Room · More Info

We're open to suggestions and would love feedback! Thanks in advance!

Comment (1)