SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miraspasov

Need help with basement layout/remodel

miraspasov
last year

We are thinking of remodeling our basement. When we moved in 10 years ago, we just painted the paneling white with the idea that we will move to a new house. We like where we live now and bigger/nicer homes are 4 times as much as our home so we are staying put and want to expand our living space.

We are thinking of adding drywall, putting new floors, and updating the ceiling (and maybe updating the doors and window). Before we do all that, I wanted to come up with a furniture layout that would be both functional and would look good but with all the crevices and odd measurements of the space, I am struggling.

We want to use the room as a lounge space (TV or projector?), office and possibly workout area OR space to put a foldable bed for when we have family visiting (we have the foldable beds in the storage). Here is the floor plan with measurements and how we have our furniture setup now (PLEASE ignore the mess). Both sofas are reclining and very comfortable, but we are okay replacing the existing furniture for anything that is more functional. I also thought that adding a dry bar with a mini fridge for drinks may be cool but I am struggling with placement. I have been looking at amazing basement photos on houzz, but I am having a very hard time envisioning how we can improve our space.

Any suggestions or ideas would be highly appreciated! Thank you!

Mira

Comments (6)