SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephensilva1

Logans Soil Test, South West NJ Lawn - 2015

stephensilva1
9 years ago

Hey! The results came in and upon initial inspection the soil looks pretty collapsed all around.

I took samples from the front and backyard and combined them all together. I was looking for advice on what I should do to the lawn this year.

I've included a list of the materials I have in the shed in case it'd be possible to use some of the things I have left over to save any money:

-1/2 bag of Scott's Turf Builder Winterguard Fall Lawn Food (32-0-10)

-6 bags of Milorganite

-1 50 lb bag of cracked corn

-1 20lb bag of Scotts Moss Out (0-0-16; I have a lot of moss that I want to get rid of and looks like the lawn needs iron anyways)

-Gilmour hose end sprayer (please let me know if I need to purchase a 2 gallon sprayer for any of the soil recommendations)

-Lawn = ~2500sqft

By the way, I'm planning on overseeding in mid/late-August so let me know how to work the recommendations around the seedlings.

In addition, I was planning on setting aside 100 sqft of the backyard and turning that soil into a vegetable garden so it'd be great if you could also let me know which recommendations would be safe to apply to both the lawn and the garden and if needed, any other safer alternatives to fix the garden's soil.

Thanks in advance for all that you do!

Comments (35)