SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tony_n_pham

Soil test results from Logan Labs

Hi all,

May Morpheuspa, dchall_san_antonio, and others please chime in on the results of my soil test results from Logan Labs?

A little about me:

I am a new homeowner in Wilton, CT, which is located in southwestern Connecticut, in zone 7. I have a two acre lot, of which approximately 1.2 acres represent lawn area. Given the large size of the lot and the fact that I am on well water, I currently do not irrigate the lawn.

Prior to my moving into the home a year ago (approximately a 20-year home), I do not believe the lawn had been well maintained. The lawn has a ton of weeds of all sorts (poa annua, crabgrass, dandelions, etc, etc.). Last fall (after only 2 months of residence), I also became aware of grubs (as a city person, I had never heard of grubs previously) as significant amounts of my lawn were being eaten up by grubs, which in turn led to both birds (during the day) and skunks (at night) feasting on the lawn to my lawn's detriment!

Given the dire nature of the lawn, I have proceeded with the following:

Fall 2014:

a. aerated entire lawn

b. re-seeded lawn (not sure what type of contractor grass seed was used)

Spring 2015:

a. Jonathan Green - Love Your Lawn Love Your Soil (early April)

b. Jonathan Green - Mag-I-Cal (early April)

c. Jonathan Green - Crabgrass Preventer Plus Green Up (early April)

d. Jonathan Green - Weed and Feed (late May)

e. Jonathan Green - Grub Control (late June)

I would like to move forward with somewhat of an all-natural fertilizer program of soybean meal and/or Milorganite if possible based on the feedback of folks on this forum, including Morpheuspa and dchall_san_antonio as I truly respect the views of folks on the forum. And to combat grubs, if they persist, I would like to consider an application of Milky Spore powder. I also plan to re-seed dead areas from prior grub infestation with KBG, of which I have obtained a few small bags (3 - 10 pounds each) from Pennington (43% Ridgeline KBG, 29% Wildhorse KBG, 15% Oasis KBG, 10% Mallard KBG) and Lesco (35% Shamrock KBG, 33% Brooklawn KBG, and 30% Gladstone KBG).

I am happy to take some pictures of the lawn and posting on the forum as well.

Thanks and look forward to your help!

-tph018

Comments (23)