SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22696378

My New Blue Star RNB 36''

User
9 years ago

I've used this forum over the past month to learn about everything from the reliability of various ranges to the installation clearances of a Blue Star, to range hood opinions and more. So I thought I hard to weigh in on what I did. I ordered an RNB 36 that was delivered Friday and installed today. It arrived within 10 days of me ordering it so I had to scramble over the weekend to install the hood which is a 1200 CFM Zline I got a good deal on from therangehoodstore. The backsplash is 20-gauge stainless steel which I had custom cut for me (although I had to trim a corner with my Makita jigsaw and a good blade). I had to build that little 7" wide cabinet to the left of the stove (it's missing the marble top which is being fabricated) to meet the clearance from combustibles. Door trim to the right of the stove I had fabricated from metal for the same reason. (I built all the cabinets from quarter-sawn white oak.) My first meal? I "cooked" an old wok to season it and then I placed it on one of those mean 22K BTU burners to make a good stir fry. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Comments (18)