SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veroni2413

Please help me decide on kitchen wall cab elevations

veroni2413
9 years ago

We have a 10 foot sloped ceiling (10 feet where the cabs will sit and it slopes upwards from there. We won't be putting crown on the walls, but will add crown to the cabinets. After showing us a picture of the elevations today, the architect suggested we find a way to end up all the way to the edge of the ceiling and not leave an open space, which I am fine with, since it starts sloping anyways, so it would leave room for lighting above the cabinet regardless. Question is, what is the best way to achieve this? 42 inch cabs plus a stacked 12-inch glass cab on top with 6-inch crown will only get us to 9.5 feet. Would 18-inch glass cabs look too big? This is the only real wall with cabinets, but will it look too imposing?

Also, the space in the middle all the way to the right depicts a space for double wall ovens. Do we shorten that cabinet over the wall ovens to add a matching glass cabinets so that the line of glass continues, or leave it closed since it's just one tall cabinet unit, essentially different than the rest of the cabs. Does my symmetry look off because of that tall cabinet, or will it end up looking ok in the space?

Comments (20)