SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrewkuhn

Please Critique Low-Volt (Home Automation) Plan/Proposal

Andrew K.
9 years ago

GW/Houzz Community,

As always, I want to thank this community in advance as you guys have been a great help throughout my build and are a big part in making my "dream home" truly my "DREAM HOME". That being said I come back to the guru's for some advice.

I currently have the electricians doing the rough electrical as we speak on our 3 level, 3100sq. ft. home (4 bed, 3.5 bath) and I have an interest in home automation/av/security/lighting control, etc.

I've spent a couple weeks speaking with several Home Automation/AV Experts and have come to the decision on 1 provider. I am attaching both the home floor layouts and the Pre-Wire & Installation Proposal as I'd like your thoughts on both general feedback but also what I may be missing or what they are spec'ing in their proposal that should be changed, etc.

Goal: To have the home pre-wired for futureproofing and eventual home automation (although I don't think I'm going to do with the "Do It For You" Control4 Professional route all at once). I don't want to beholden myself to 1 provider and i'd like more control in what I build/add, etc. I'm thinking I'll eventually do a central rack in the basement with whole home integrated audio, Lutron RadioRA2 Lighting Control, FrontPoint Security Wireless Security/Smoke Detectors/CO2, etc. with another user interface program (not sure which yet).

Thanks for all feedback on their proposal in regards to how they are proposing setting everything up as well as equip. feedback if you feel anything is out of line there as well.

Thanks in Advance!

Andrew!

House Floorplans Layout:

1st Floor:

Second Floor:

Third Floor:

Pre-Wire Proposal:

Installation Proposal:

Installation Proposal Page 2:

Installation Proposal Page 3 (Final Price)

Comments (18)