SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sonyala

Please critique my kitchen plans

Sonya Lunder
6 years ago

I am so excited to have nearly-final plans for a kitchen remodel. We are knocking out walls and opening up our kitchen and dining room area and I'd love feedback on our plans. We are a family of four who cook and eat almost every meal at home.

Details - The south side (bottom of plan sketch) has a large sunny window. We are proposing to add a small window on the west side of the house, and a built in bench below to give us more space in the rest of the dining area. The north wall is a passage into a large living room (not shown). We are planning to close that off a bit, might be hard to see from the images here.

The island is currently 10'*5', and won't include that divot at the seating area. I couldn't figure out how to show a rectangular slab over the portion with half-depth cabinets. I opted to have more storage instead of seating since the dining table is so close by.

The pantry closets on the right (east) wall will hold all our coats and shoes since we are losing our entry closet.

In addition to layout, I'd be interested in feedback on cabinet colors. I'd like a modern, flat panel look. Ideally a mix of wood cabinet fronts and matte acrylics. Not sure if we'll use ikea with special fronts, or a local cabinet company.

Comments (19)