SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazyhouse6_gw

What kind and color hardwood floor do you have???

crazyhouse6
15 years ago

I just can't make a decision on which hardwood floor to go with. I'd love to see or hear what everyone else is doing.

I think dark floors look gorgeous, but I'm afraid that I may tire of them when they aren't as "in" and that they may be difficult for me to keep clean. I've looked into Cumaru and Brazilian Cherry. I've also considered going with a quarter sawn/rift cut white oak and staining it darker, like a walnut color. Thinking that I can have it dark now, then have it sanded and refinished in years from now if I tire of it. Is that crazy? I also love the grain of a birch, but am afraid that it may be too soft for my active family. (I have 4 young kids and a big dog.) I have also looked into going with hickory, but am afraid that it will look too rustic for the old world/traditional look I'm trying to accomplish. We will have alder cabinets and stained maple trim and doors. Sorry for babbling, but I think I've over thought this entire decision and now can't figure out which way to turn. Any pictures or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (34)