SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momcat2000_gw

I've lost my 'Gall'

momcat2000
15 years ago

Surprise! I had my first gall bladder attack last Sunday night(missed Despirate Housewives), and had the darn thing taken out Wednesday morning.

My Great G'Ma, G'Ma, Ma, Aunt, SIL and Niece have all had their's removed so now I guess I'm a member of "The Club"

My best friend is a nurse and she had always told me "Fair, Fat and Forty" Well, I'm fair, I'm not fat and I'm almost 52!

Everyone else in my family was obese and under forty when they had their's removed. I eat right, try to run about 2 miles a day and have been a sz 10 all my life. Maybe that bought me a few years?

Most of my friends are about 7 years older than me and I swear they started to fall apart around 40ish. Backs, knees, gall bladders, histos, digestions, very scary and I was so worried for them.

I remember my mother having her numerous gall bladder attacks. It don't think I could of have gone through that as many times as she did before having it taken care of. She was a natural healer, maybe she was trying to go the natural route.

I'm bouncing back quickly (I'm still taking this week off just for catch up) No slicing, just 4 new holes, but I don't want to put that uniform belt and equipment back on just yet (ouch) Might go in for a few hours wearing my "duty sweats".

Has anyone here had their gall bladder removed? It seems to happen to most women at one time or another.

Does it run in your family like it does mine?

What is it about turning 40 that does the dirty on so many women? If my mother was still around, I'd ask her....

Thanks, Momcat

Please excuse my spelling

Comments (10)