SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mysticalmanns

Meet our pets .... LOTS of pictures

Mystical Manns
16 years ago

We haven't shared pet pictures for awhile, I don't think ... so let's meet each other's pets!

I have a houseful of dogs, ten of them to be exact.

This is Patsy (left) and Molly (right), rescue yorkies. They used to be puppymill girls. Patsy is still very shy and very food protective, it's obvious she didn't get enough when she was young. Molly thinks she's the Queen now, she's about 8 lbs. and will climb into the tundra puppy's food dish, and up on top of their food, and yap! at them so they can't eat supper. After she eats two or three of the kibbles, she'll climb down the pile and then they can eat.

Punkin Pie was re-homed to us when she wouldn't potty train. She's good now except in the middle of the night, she's afraid of the dark. She's the one who hides cookies in funny places. Earlier today I found one in the toe of my tennis shoe, and then this evening I found one on the floor of the hallway linen closet.

Bugsy Malone, the gangster, was our first rescue. His other family used to shoot at him (with a GUN!) because he wouldn't come when he's called. Um, yeah! That'll make him come to you! He's still terrified of loud noises and hubby has built him five different hidey-holes where he runs to during thunderstorms and when neighbors are practicing shooting for hunting season. He helps hubby mow the lawn. Rick made him a side-cart for the riding mower, complete with seat belt. When he hears the mower start up, he comes running.

Scrappy Doodle is another re-home. Even tho he's blind in one eye, he's still works 5 days a week as the mailman. Goes with hubby out to the mailbox, and DH puts one envelope in his mouth and he carries it back to the house. If I'm home, DH tells him ... take the mail to mama ... and he comes to find me. He loves cheese. He can hear a slice of cheese being unwrapped from 1-3/4 acres away and come running. It takes him awhile to cover 1-3/4 acres on 2-inch legs.

Tobie is next ... he was snapped up by a rescue group we support, on his last day in an animal shelter (gulp). He'd been turned in twice, probably because he has a 'tough guy' attitude. Around here, nobody pays attention when he tries to boss them around, and he gets kinda frustrated by that. He's hubby's shadow, has little panic attacks when Rick goes somewhere without him.

Now for the tundras ... the big kids are American Tundra Shepherds.

Woofman Jack is our big boy, he was 163 lbs last time we weighed in, around his 10th birthday in November. Typical males run from 120 - 140 lbs, so he's above average. Mystical Princess, on the other hand, is a petite 80 lbs at 3 years old. She's fearless when it comes to those she loves and protects.

Here's another shot of just Woofman. He's my heart. There are not enough words to tell you how much he means to me.

This is Tallulah Belle (left) and JacksonBlu (right) last winter, when they were three months old. Do they look ornery or what????

And here they are a year later, after playing outside all day in the snow & ice. This time Tallulah is on the right and Blu is on the left. They're about 130 lbs. each now and are tall enough to rest their chins on the kitchen counter. Rick boils 10 lbs. of chicken each night to feed them, and splits it in half so it lasts two days. One time he'd left a bowl of 5 lbs of chicken on the counter to cool down before he put it in the fridge ... he went out to the garage for something, and when he came back the bowl was on the floor and Blu was laying there licking his lips. This was *after* eating his supper.

Whew! So those are my furkids ... I could post dozens and dozens of funny pics of each of them, finding serious poses was harder! (obviously with the puppies, we don't have any at this age, that's why the one I posted is of them sleeping)

So now, let us meet the furry ones who share your homes!

Comments (79)

• brenda_in_tx
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

LOLOLOL Sandy - I hope that chicken isn't eating the McD's chicken nuggets!!!!

• patches_02
    16 years ago

Here's two of our spoiled furbabys

• Related Discussions

Our pets enrich our lives and help define us.

Q

Comments (6)
    Gandie, I got a chuckle when you said our pets help define us. I had a much-loved Amazon Parrot for 13 years, acquired when my son went off to school and I was working mostly at home. He was delighted to find and of course send to me this quote from Mark Twain: "She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the type of woman who kept parrots." Ny son and I agreed the quote fit me quite well. ~grin~ josh
    ...See More

Like Frank--we love our hosta AND our pets!! Post your pix!

Q

Comments (21)
    For all the African Cichlids I have had over the years, I am really down to mainly Clown Loach, Silver Dollars, and various catfish/Pleco's. This tank was once an active Malawi colony of hundreds of fish, with a few Tangyanika. I really like the Compressiceps family of fish also. For awhile it seemed like they were all breeding like crazy.. When I quit selling/trading to a local aquarium shop, I cut way back on my aquariums.. This tank was also a C. Frontosa colony, with the Burundi type, and even some Zaire Blue for awhile. I am tempted to go back to Malawi Cichlids, they are so active and colorful.
    ...See More

Meet Nala, our new family member.

Q

Comments (46)
    Congratulations! I love looking at pictures of dogs that have a home, reason to be happy because they depend on us. All hail to both of you "rescuers." Last week I saw a video of a 19 year old dog that found a home -- that dog was as bouncy as a pup. People do go to shelters and ask what dog has been here the longest and kindly give them a chance at life.
    ...See More

Meet Muriel! The newest member of our household.

Q

Comments (51)
    aahhh, a spicy girl! have fun :) awesome that u opened your heart and home to her, lucky girl! all the best!
    ...See More
  • socks
    16 years ago

Here's Daisy. She's one year old. This picture reminds me of the Princess and the Pea.

{{gwi:1881816}}

• smile247
    16 years ago

Here's our almost 15 month old blue Great Dane,Anabelle with her playmate 4 month old,Lexie who is a labradoodle. Chillin on Christmas Day. The in-laws brought Lexie over to play! They wore themselves out and we caught them taking a short break on the couch!

• socks
    16 years ago

Wow, Anabelle looks like she's made of satin. Very impressive looking dog.

I've enjoyed all the pet pictures so much. If only all pets could be as well loved as these appear to be.

• bigack
    16 years ago

Wow, love these fur critters, it's a great thread. I'm gonna save some of the pics. Here's Allie, with the hat, and Miss Maggie. They're sisters, shelter dogs and about 8 now. Allie belonged to our son, and we inherited her thru his divorce. You've seen their pictures here a lot!

• summer_tx
    16 years ago

I absolutely could look at these LUCKY babies all day long. They are each and everyone beautiful and special. Thanks for starting this thread Stoney.

Here is our whirling dervish Dustin. He's a shelter rescue from about 4 years ago. Vet says he's a West Highland Whitie mix. He's so little, I have to question his guess. He is in charge of the backyard. Squirrels, Roadrunners and Rabbits BEWARE. LOL

{{gwi:1713077}}

This is our little chunky Schnoodle, Cody. He's our special needs dog. Or I call him that because he's one beer short of a six pack....only has one oar in the water....elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor... you get it. He's S L O W. But, the sweetest little guy in the world.

{{gwi:1881819}}

Dustin will tell you he's jealous of Cody and finds him to be a nuisance. But, the proof is in the pictures.

{{gwi:1881820}}

{{gwi:1881821}}

• caroline94535
    16 years ago

Here's Harry. He's nearly five years old and our pride and joy. We've had him since he was 10 weeks old.

And his Mom, BeeGee, who has been "ours" for three months now. She's 10 and much happier than she seems in this photo!

It's hard to get a good shot of them together. Unlike Harry, BeeGee isn't comfortable hamming for the camera - yet!

• Mystical Manns
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh my word ... I come back from being gone all morning, and find all these wonderful furbabies waiting for me. They are, each and every one of them, just as precious as can be. There's just nothing quite like the unconditional love of a pet.

I just wanna hug them all!

Thank you for sharing! You've certainly made me smile today~

• organic_donna
    16 years ago

I love this post, here is my family.
    {{gwi:1881868}}
    {{gwi:1881869}}
    {{gwi:1881870}}

• sandy_in_ia
    16 years ago

LOL Donna....tell us about your spotted one...well both, but that spotted one looks like a REAL character!!!! LOVE the first pic...all splayed out!

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    16 years ago

Donna, those aren't Alley Cats. What are they? Very Cute!

Gayle

• organic_donna
    16 years ago

I volunteer at a animal adoption shelter and I am ashamed to say that my cats are from a breeder. I had them both before I started to volunteer but I would never get another animal unless it was a rescue. Having said that...
    The white and chocolate kitten is an Ocicat, his name is Silviano. He is a real character. He turns 3yrs on New Years day but he still acts like a "baby". I love him to death. My other cat is a Abyssinian, Miss Kitty, she is a very proper lady. They are very close to each other.
    {{gwi:1881871}}

And this is my ex husbands Bombay.

{{gwi:1881872}}

• wanda_illinois
    16 years ago

Our furbaby willy

• Pieonear
    16 years ago

Oh, all your pets are wonderful. I've had more fun looking at the pics. I have to confess though. I am a little partial to Wanda's Willy and Summer's Dustin. What sweethearts!!

• bunny_lover
    16 years ago

Loved seeing everyone's pets!

Here is Marmalade. She is our litter box trained house bunny. She has a unique personality and craves attention.

• Mickey15
    16 years ago

This is our lhasa-chon Darla, she is 10 months old.

Phoebe, who is almost 12 years old.

Dusty who is 7 years old (he was more interested in cutting coupons than getting his pic taken..LOL)

Simon, who is 4 years old

And Ariel who is 3 years old

• dances_in_garden
    16 years ago

Cedric, the murderous goldfish. He is bigger now, and has turned all silver but I can't seem to get a good pic of him.

Frankie, the crooner canary. He bullies me for red appled over green and pushes particularly heinous food offerings right out of the cage, but still freaks if I clean the cage or try to touch him. I guess he figures I might eat him yet.

Jasmine, the bowling ball butt kitty. She is big all around, but her back half is much larger than her front LOL. She looks grumpy all the time but she is a sweety.

Xena, the warrier kitty. We usually call her squirrel, because she skitters around like one LOL. Always into something, this one.

Ruby the pug. She is my baby for sure. Can you resist that face? That nose? Those EYEBALLS?

Sparkle the hamster. She is another character. I never knew hamsters had their own personality. She is very tame and sweet, and cracks us up.

Dances.

• organic_donna
    16 years ago

Oh, the pug is so cute. Show us more pictures, I love to see all of your pets.
    Donna

• Nita__AZ
    16 years ago

This is Smokey. He was rescued from a horder when he was 4 weeks old. He will be 3 in March and weighs over 12 pounds.

{{gwi:1881897}}

Here is a picture of the "boys" Bandit in the back and GT or Dusty as I call him in the front. Went looking for them this morning and they were sleeping in Smokey's toy box. They are 7 weeks old now. We got them from the animal shelter a week ago.

{{gwi:1545588}}

• mrsmarv
    16 years ago

This is Tootie, our pug ;o)...

and Bitsy, our youngest cat...

and Bundles...

They all adopted DH and me and we are just cuckoo about them. It's great seeing pics of everyone's love muffins ;o)

• chubby_rat
    16 years ago

Awwww! Such pretty babies! I will post pics of mine later,I have to go to work! Imagine! LOL!
    I have 7 dogs and 2 cats...and a pond full of fish...so get ready! LOL! I have 2 rescues....one is Rover and I consider Miss Emmie a rescue,I bought her at a flea market out of a small birdcage! Well 3 actually...we sorta just took Chica from Larry's moms home when she died.Couldn't let her there with the idiot that was staying there.I saw her get thumped on the head quite a few times in the short time we were there.So I grabbed her(growling at me the whole time ) and said "Let's go' Larry...we're takin' the dog! LOL!

• Mystical Manns
    Original Author
    16 years ago

What a wonderful thread to start the day with, eh? I went through each and every picture again, and they just make me smile.

Went downstairs and the news was talking about how people in Sacramento who are getting foreclosed on their homes, are just disappearing in the night and leaving their pets behind to fend for themselves, so the shelters are overflowing ... and I came right back up here and went through it again, just to get my smile back.

• angela_nor_calif
    16 years ago

I saw that on the news last night too stoney. That makes me sick. Some people are just so stupid.

• hailie419
    16 years ago

Here is our litter box trained bunny , Boo , and granddaughter Hailie

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1881713}}

• DYH
    16 years ago

Here is the real Won By Her Wits, our adopted greyhound. She'll be 9 years old in February. We adopted her when she was 4 1/2. She was on the race track until her mandatory retirement at 4. We are so happy to have her in our family. "Charm" is so sweet, so lovable, and so well mannered. We also have two very noisy, but lovable cockatiels! :-)

Cameron

{{gwi:618639}}

• caflowerluver
    16 years ago

Speaking of dogs and cats, do any of you have a local animalfriendsrescue.org. I love to just look at the pictures of all the cute pets out there. I would adopt a whole lot more if DH would let me. Here is a link to my local one. So many animals deserve good homes. I am glad that all of you have done that.
    dogs
    Clare

• carol_in_california
    16 years ago

Here is my granddog Bo...an rescue MinPin who now lives in Japan......actually he is still in quarantine and my heart breaks for him having to be away from his family.

• liz
    16 years ago

I have been looking at this post over and over cause I'm such a sucker for animals...this forum sure has some precious pets!

this is Duncan, Gabie and Abby, enjoying the fruits of their Christmas stockings
    {{gwi:1881905}}

This is mama girl...actually we call her mow mow...she was a rescue in jan, 2000. She's mean and hateful but likes me...LOL
    {{gwi:1881908}}

This is Puddy Kitty (sounds like Pudding)..she's also a rescue and loves the heck outta everyone...she and Abby have grown up together and they are a riot to watch play!Her milk mustache is the REAL DEAL, nope she wasn't just in the milk jug!
    {{gwi:1881910}}

I hope ya'll will share your furbaby pics...if you need help posting them, JUST EMAIL ME!!

• patches_02
    16 years ago

These girls belong to our friend and they come to visit also. Susie is 18 months old and baby is 7.

• chubby_rat
    16 years ago

Here's mine....First is Rover....our rescue! He belonged to a military person that was deployed.We got him from a Pet Adoption place here.

My cats Nina(Black) and PITA(white)

Almost the whole gang waiting to go to bed! LOL! First is Chica,then Mic(Min Pin) and Ricky,then Emmie,Tassie and Lil Buddy.Ricky and Buddy are Mic and Emmie's sons.

• minrose
    16 years ago

Loved seeing and reading about all your pets, it was fun! We have 4 cats, all with such different personalities, 2 dogs, brother and sister. 2 Paint Ponies, the momma and her filly. Here are ours:
    Tonka, our oldest cat, loves to be petted and rubbed and sweet but she can be a holy terror with strangers.

Rebel, our calico cat, who we call cranky pants, she can get so moody, named her very well.

Precious, our sweetest cat, a dump-off cat in our grove that we rescued. He is so sweet but he is a scaredy cat, will hide when we have company. He has a perch on my dresser where I lay towels for him to lay on. Here he is waiting for rubs.

Our newest, youngest cat, Pumpkin, another dump-off in our grove that we rescued just last October, he was literally thrown on the road when he was dumped, he had owies on his forehead and chin to prove that. They have healed up nice now. He is a very sweet kitty and very playful.

Sheena, she is so fast and hogs all the dog food. She whines more than barks.

Colby, he is sweet and more timid but barks alot.

Sunshine, the momma paint, she is friendly and loves sweet grain.

Princess, the filly paint, about 9 months old, she is just getting to know me, so still a little timid.

• ladyelle
    16 years ago

This is Sandy she's a 5 month old Poodle

This one is my Shelby, she's a 9 year old Shih Tzu

And here they are together..

• summer_tx
    16 years ago

I can't quit reviewing this thread to be sure I haven't missed any of these delightful furwads. How sweet they all are. I'm so happy to know that have loving homes. Makes you feel good!

• frazoo
    16 years ago

Meet Farley...3 yr. old Shih Tzu

Remember when he was "nekkid"? A groomer-in-training did this! Poor Farley was sooooo miserable for a while.

Leslie/KS

• Mystical Manns
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL! How could we forget nekkid Farley? Actually, I've done that to my yorkies before ... got a little carried away trying to get the hair cut even, and they end up with almost no hair. OOPS!

Oh, keep the pictures coming, please. I know this is a bad thread for folks on dial-up, but I'm just having so much fun going through these pictures over and over.

Thanks!

• liz
    16 years ago

me too Stoney!! Thanks for starting it...we sure have some darlin pets here!!

• organic_donna
    16 years ago

How about posting some cats in the sink? (dogs too) This is when Silviano was a kitten and today is his birthday.

{{gwi:1881930}}

• msmarion
    16 years ago

This is Peati she'll be 9 in March. We rescued her from the SPCA when we lived in NH. She is the sweetest dog I've ever owned.

• ronm80
    16 years ago

Oh, I forgot to add Sulley who visits often. Love this thread.

Ronnie

• User
    16 years ago

I love them all! Been resisting this post because every time I see pics I want another pet!!! Rescue for me...here's another shot of Andy, now 3, rescue.

{{gwi:1881934}}

• angelaid
    16 years ago

Conway - the sexiest pug in the world! (Just ask him! LOL)

• minrose
    16 years ago

I really enjoyed this thread, would love to see more of everyone's pets. It is great to see alot of rescued animals, how loving and kind you all are.

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    16 years ago

The KT sure has the most beautiful pets!!! I love them all but I must say I am partial to ronm80's Jake, Liz's collies and Summer's Dustin. What beautiful animals!!!

Here is Sedona:

and Jennie:

~Betsy

• lilliepad
    16 years ago

I'm not sure how to get pictures on here but I hope this works.I wanted to share some of my fur babies.this isn't all of them but they are all the ones I have right now.I have 2 other Chihuahuas that I will take some pictures of later.

Here is a link that might be useful: My fur babies

• lilliepad
    16 years ago

Well,I should have checked before I posted this.All of the descriptions didn't show up.Sorry about that and sorry the pictures were fuzzy.I took them with my phone camera.

• Mystical Manns
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My Tallulah Belle gets comfy like that on the sofa, lilliepad ... she can take up the whole thing! LOL!

gosh I miss having a cat. But I don't think it would be fair to one to have to put up with the 10 dogs.

• craftyc
    16 years ago

This is my little guy Sparky...picked up in the middle of the road one morning dodging dumptrucks. Think he is min pin and chihuahua mix. Here is a picture of him laying on our suitcases before a trip, making sure we wouldn't forget to take him

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    16 years ago

Winners....
    I vote for Annabelle (Great Dane) belonging to smile247

Kitty Winner Glamour Shot of: Tonka belonging to Minrose

You can't vote for your own pet.

Gayle

• gazania_gw
    16 years ago

I have no furbabies of my own now, but here are the grandpets
    First, here is Ruby Do. She is 8. I don't get to see her much. She lives with son-in-law 120 miles away.

Dinky the Schnoodle at 2 months. She is close by and subject to spoiling by Grandma

Dinky this past summer held by Grandma. She is a die hard lap dog.