SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kacram

I have to wait a while longer to see if I still have a brain

kacram
12 years ago

After waiting for a follow up MRI on my head (brain and eye) since September 22nd, I had to cancel the one that was scheduled for today. They called last night to confirm the appointment and I asked about not eating after midnight. She told me that that is not necessary for MRI's and I said it was because of the sedation. She said, "no, we don't do the concious sedation here." Whoa! I was NOT a happy camper. I couldn't do the first MRI with taking an ativan. They pulled that headpiece over my face, and then moved me in to the tube and I freaked out. lol So they had to reschedule me for one with versaid? Or another drug similar to that. One of the drugs they use for colonoscopies. I have claustrophobia, I thought it was getting better, I tried to talk myself down, but it didn't work.

I told the Doc, the nurses, the scheduler this. I told them a dozen times if I told them once. I made sure they knew that I HAD to have this. I told the doc in the appointment in September how silly I felt because this was the least invasive thing done to me in more than a year and it was the one thing I couldn't handle. I told them to make sure that this facility did the concious sedation... oh, yes, we do. No problem. ACK! The scheduler hasn't called yet today, I will call her in a minute. I had to wait for 3 weeks to get in to the U of W med. clinic for that last one. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper yesterday evening. I didn't find out until 415pm yesterday.

My hair is about 1/4" long now, or almost! lol But it looks like I'm going to have a mohawk for a while! ahahahahah... it is growing up towards the crown of my head! Hmmm wonder if I should get a nose piercing to go with my new look? Or maybe some safety pin earrings? LOL

the SCCA is a world class facility. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else. This is just one of those mixups. I'll survive. But it always helps to throw a little fit sometimes! lol

sorry this is so long, but hey, that's what I do! lol

Comments (16)