SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cluelessincolorado

Whoever stole my brain can I have it back?

cluelessincolorado
13 years ago

Help me. Please. We are about to finalize the cabinet order. I think we have the layout after a brief brain f**t this week. We have the windows, we have the wall demo. What has changed is me! I have gone from inset face frame QS oak to inset frameless in walnut. Both with shaker doors and slab drawers. Except now I want slab doors, in my 1912 home... We are not going to do a full restoration on this house and in the sixties all the built-in cabinetry was ripped out of the LR/DR so the house is a much different animal than it originally was. The walls are curved at the top and meet a very slight tray ceiling. Good plaster work by the wonderful Italian family that lived here over 70 years. We have grape vines in the yard brought over so they could still have their wine. This house changed and doesn't want to go back. Why can I not make up my mind!!! Can't stop thinking ARGH! Even the cabinet maker who is a Craftsman restoration person by calling and profession thinks these will look great (frameless inset) but thinks we should stay with Shaker doors as a marriage between the house as it is now and what it once was. Any opinions are welcome. Thank you!

Comments (12)