SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vintagegardener_gw

someone stole my plants

vintagegardener
15 years ago

Last fall my DH and I planted some baby blessed dwarf iris on two new beds to look identical to each other.For the border on the beds we had divided up some monkey grass and it looked very nice.

This year we only had very few blooms but it was still so nice looking.The dwarf iris are rebloomers also.

Well anyway my DH and I woke up and made our coffee and went out on the deck.We were looking around the yard at the cannas that are starting to bloom and a few daylilies.

I looked at the beds of dwarf iris and I said " look at all the gaps in the second iris bed.I slammed my coffee cup down and walked out there to see it better.

Well someone decided to take it upon themselves to dig some of my iris out and they also took some of my monkey grass.I was more than mad and I am hollering at my DH to come and look.

I have been gardening and sharing my plants with neighbors and even strangers who stop and ask when I am dividing my plants.I am very generous and have tons of everything.

Why would someone just dig my plants in the middle of the night.They could have come to my door and ask if I had any extra I could give them.That is stealing!

I just need to vent and I am so upset!Has anyone else had someone steal their plants in the middle of the night.These people could have asked.

I do not even know if that is a crime but I am so mad and I will probably be like that all day.I know an animal did not do this because the plants are gone and I am left with empty holes in my bed.

We have already talked about getting security cameras installed to catch this person and it also makes me think what else did they take that I have not noticed yet.

Thanks for listening!

Comments (13)

Sponsored