SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

I can't believe I still have blooms!!

bethnorcal9
14 years ago

This is crazy. We had freezing temps last week, then it warmed up a bit and rained for several days. Let up yesterday and today. I guess it's supposed to start up again soon. But after the torrential downpours of a few days ago, I was shocked to see so many blooms still looking great this morning. Here are some of them:

CLAUDIA CARDINALE - she hasn't bloomed for yrs! Finally this yr she's been doin' pretty good. I thought I lost her.

{{gwi:1298767}}

EDGAR DEGAS - thought this was BROCELIANDE the other day, but found out I was wrong. So many striped roses....

{{gwi:1298768}}

GERALDINE FERRARO - this was a rose offered by J&P a few yrs ago for only one season. She was a test rose, and didn't do very well for me the first yr or two. Now she's really lovely and blooms rather frequently. Too bad they already dumped her!

{{gwi:1298769}}

LEGEND - the old J&P red..

{{gwi:1298770}}

LOIS WILSON - this is one crazy-tall rose that almost always is in bloom!

{{gwi:1298771}}

MAIDEN VOYAGE - this is off one of my little rooted cuttings from one of my favorite roses. It's a McGredy FL no longer available in the US, and the actual coloring is much deeper and sort of 2-toned salmon-coral.

{{gwi:1298772}}

THE MCCARTNEY ROSE - always yummy!

{{gwi:1298773}}

VOODOO - kinda floppy, but decent looking

{{gwi:1298774}}

WILDFIRE - the color is so much darker in the cold temps... I like it!

{{gwi:1298775}}

Comments (9)