SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlover5

Layout help please for small budget kitchen

catlover5
12 years ago

Please give me your thoughts on my layout for my small budget minded kitchen. I can move the plumbing and gas lines but the footprint, 110x101, has to stay the same. I was leery to move the sink from under the window which is where it is now but want to add a 24 in dw (I have no DW now) and since DH said stove has to be moved to outside wall so we can vent it (we have no vent now) I could not fit in a 24 in dw next to the sink. I was totally against a corner sink but saw the 42 in corner sink front with the double door and realized I could have a larger sink. The software did not allow me to choose a 42 in corner sink front with the double door so I used the 36 in corner cab and put two 3 in fillers on either side to make up the 42 in. I realize that that corner cab will be out a few more inches. I was trying to fit the fridge in the L on the DW wall but then found out, from this forum, that you must put a cab between the corner sink and DW; otherwise, you can't access or am wedged in. The fridge will go in the corner of the two walls that have just the doors, no cabs. I was against moving the sink from the window but if I don't do the corner sink and put the sink on the adjacent wall, I can have a 24 in dw next to the sink and a 36 corner cab with a lazy susan. I wanted to stay away from the blind corner cab with the half susan type pull out. Sorry for all the words . . I probably left out important information but would welcome any comments, good and bad! Thank you.

What I have now:

{{gwi:1694891}}

Corner sink layout

{{gwi:1992797}}

{{gwi:1992798}}

Sink on interior 101 inch wall

{{gwi:1992799}}

{{gwi:1992800}}

Comments (11)