SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nomorebluekitchen

My 'pinch me this is too good' mudroom; and should I fix this?

nomorebluekitchen
15 years ago

My mudroom has lagged my kitchen by a few weeks, so it is just now coming together. At least 3 times a day I walk around my house and see something and say "OMG, I cannot believe this is my house". I'm loving this. But there is one detail that I think I flubbed and wondering what you all think about it.

Let's start with some pics of my dreamy mudroom / office.

from laundry room, through mudroom, into kitchen. My son in the kitchen cooking dinner:). My desk area is on the left, lockers for each family member on the right.

{{gwi:1596225}}

From the opposite end now, looking from kitchen into mudroom. Laundry is beyond. Lockers now on the left, desk on the right.

{{gwi:1596224}}

And here is my screwup. I opted for slab drawers in my desk area in the mudroom with the same shaker doors I used in the kitchen. (Kitchen has shaker drawers and doors). What I forgot when I made this decision is that I have no counter & backsplash to provide a visual break between the shaker above and the slab below, and I don't like the way it looks. See for yourself - what do you think?

{{!gwi}}

Should I take my pain and ask the cabinet maker to remake the drawer fronts? or is this okay as it is? (and note: the stain on that top right drawer is way off and will be fixed, and more adjustment is needed because the glides are not working right)

Thanks, Anita

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022