SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kjmessenger

I need help on my kitchen design

kjmessenger
9 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm new here and we are finishing a house that was started by someone else. Right now it is only framed, but we need to put in our order for kitchen cabinets soon. We've had some nice designers at Lowes helping us, but I feel that we are missing some things and hope you can help.

We will be doing shaker-style white doors and honed black or dark gray granite. The previous owners already had purchased a large subzero fridge and we are buying a 36" gas range. The sink will be in the island, which will be all one height with room for 3 stools on the other side. We have room for a kitchen table next to this space and will also have a walk-in pantry for food and small appliances (including microwave) and a butler's pantry for serving dishes & beverage stuff & bar sink.

Next to the fridge we are planning to have a long pot rack come out from the wall and below the counter to have darker rougher wood shelves for my larger pots and cast iron pieces.

The 2 upper cabinets flanking the range hood will have glass inserts. Our ceilings are 9' 5" high so we raised the cabinets high enough to run a floating white shelf under all the upper cabinets with room for glasses and mugs (the picture only shows one shelf because we will not order that from the cabinet company but add it ourselves).

I can't decide whether to do white subway tiles for backsplash or beadboard (which we have in our current house-- put it in 20 years ago before it became popular again! lol) and whether to have tile behind the range or stainless steel. We plan to have 2 pendant lights over the island and some recessed lights and under the counter lights.

Thoughts? Feedback? Thanks!
--KJ

Comments (5)