SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_connors

Really need help designing my Kitchen! Help!

Kimberly Connors
7 years ago

Hi all! I'm planning my kitchen remodel and will be using Ikea Cabinets with Semihandmade custom doors. I would really love some input.

I have got my design somewhat done using the Ikea online planning tool (above) and I'm pretty unimpressed with the result. What do YOU think? do I have too many cabinets? Basically, I'm looking for a super modern sleek and clean look. I'm using Ikea cabinets with"Ringhult" hi gloss door fronts on the top and Semihandmade in SuperMatte grey on the bottom. I want a 8-10 ft foot long island with waterfall on both ends. Just like this

The Ikea design doesn't have the island, only the cabinets that will be under it. I haven't decided if I should switch up the sink with the cook top yet. In other words to put the sink or the cooktop in the island. So my main problem with the design I think, is that it has no " air" to it. Do I have too many cabinets? I was thinking maybe some floating shelves? IDK. What do you all think?

Here is a bad rendering of my kitchen now

Here is some more information :

The space is an open concept 18' wide and the family /living room is right next to the kitchen.

I am putting down all new hardwood floor(oak wide plank)

I am the main cook in the house however my daughter is learning and we like to cook together.

The kitchen is a bit of a hub for us so we like to hang out there together to talk

There are two windows in the kitchen area , the one over the sink and the one to the left, I am thinking it would be a good idea to remove that window (on the left) so that the cabinets and countertop can be extended. My Ikea plan reflects that change.

Walls cannot be moved. I am flexible on every thing else.

The sink does NOT have to be under the middle window.

-My current kitchen

-My Ikea design so far

-Photos of Kitchens I like

Things I Need-

• More countertop space

• More storage

• Modern look

• Broom closet

• Seating for 4

• Thanks for your input!! I cant wait to hear your design thoughts on this project!

• Please let me know if I can provide any more information. I've been trying to find a program that will allow me to create a 2D layout with measurements and labels Please if you know of one, please let me know so I can make a 2 d plan 4 U!

thanks to you in advance!

Kim

Comments (19)