SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dljmth

Need Layout Help Please

12 years ago

Thanks in advance to all you experts! I've learned a great deal from this forum.

I am working on the final layout of our kitchen and would love some advice.

My main question is:

Should I switch the place of the sink and range? Almost the entire East wall would be windows if we move the sink to that wall and there would only be two windows flanking the range the other way. The primary reason I would switch them is (1) because of the light/sun and (2) more cabinet space as I would eliminate the sink on the (duel height) island. It seems like functionally the range on the East wall is much better (with the sink on the island there is a nice work triangle - and cleanup is on the south wall), but aesthetically the range is better on the South wall.

Some notes and questions:

1)It's tight to the piano so we may move the piano out of the room (although we love having our kids play while we cook!)

2) We may make the island only 7ft (with 3 seating)and make it single height (like in photo) if we keep the piano

3) The 9ft. run along the back wall is likely only 8ft, as we are verifying setbacks

4) Is 36" large enough for a pantry? If we move the piano I can sneak some more space for the pantry.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Laura

{{gwi:1484181}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (2)