SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mfinn126

In desperate need of layout help, please!

mfinn126
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi!

I am about to order my Cabico cabinets, and I'm looking for some help with my layout, specifically where to put the fridge. Unfortunately I already made my deposit with my KD who is now completely unhelpful since we gave our deposit :( My kitchen is a really small U-shape, so we are about to take down the wall that separates the kitchen and dining room (where our fridge and dishwasher currently live). My KD suggested we put our fridge next to our sliding doors to the sun room, but my husband and I mocked it out last night with boxes and the fridge would be too close to out dining table, especially if you open the doors or pull out the freezer drawer.

Our fridge is full size and only a year old, but I'm willing to replace it with a counter depth if necessary. I have attached the KD's design and some drawings I made online.

Our other major obstacles are our our sunken living room and sun room, so it would be difficult and costly to expand into either room. We don't use our living room, so my brother suggested we make it out dining room and have a larger kitchen.

Our dining room table is 74 x 55" and can be made into a 60" circular table for every day living.

Other things to note: KD has our trash pullout and microwave are in the island. I want to move the trash closer on the stove side of the island or to the left of the sink so it's not obstructed by the dishwasher. I'm also not sure about the island overhang, or anything else for that matter. I'm completely overwhelmed. The only part I'm sure about it the white counter with quartz counters, navy island with butcher block top.

I appreciate any/all help including cabinet placement! Let me know if I should post other measurements/pictures. Thank you!!

KD drawing

Counter depth fridge next to slider:

Counter depth fridge next to dishwasher (I think I like this best):

Comments (12)