SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheri127_gw

Desperate to finalize layout...please help!

cheri127
15 years ago

I'm meeting with the KD next week to finalize our cabinet order but am still uncertain about the layout. The things troubling me are:

1. Is the trash cab too far from the sink (#19 to right of DW). I have a bin under the sink now and thought I'd keep a small one there after the reno, but the cabinet steps back below the sink (in lieu of a toe kick). Do you think this would make accessing a bin a PITA? If I move the trash cab to the left of the sink, I lose a 30" cabinet and accessing it will get in the way of the cook.

2. Do the wall cabinets next to the refrigerator look to tall? It's supposed to be a sort of hutch, do you think it would look better if the cabinets didn't reach the ceiling (9 ft)?

3. The open cabinet in the corner of the range wall will be 8" deep and hold standing decorative plates. Does this look balanced?

The layout

The sink and peninsula wall

The refrigerator and dish hutch

The range wall

The freezer and ovens

I am so tired of second guessing every decision so I'm ordering cabinets on Monday no matter what! However, I'd really, really appreciate last minute feedback. Thanks!!!!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor