SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annkh_nd

Post-reno letdown?

annkh_nd
10 years ago

Our new kitchen has been finished for 3 whole days! Unfortunately, I'm working 12-hour shifts this week, and haven't used the kitchen for anything more than pouring cereal or making a sandwich.

I absolutely love the space, and the storage, and the countertops, and the sink - it is everything I hoped and dreamed my new kitchen would be.

I have been thinking about this project for many years. I finally nailed down the overall layout last December, and talked to a cabinet maker in January. Since then I've been TKO - as anyone familiar with my screen name will confirm. I've poured my heart and soul into this - from choosing every little thing to ordering every little thing to demo and painting. I've acted as my own GC, so I've been in charge of timing, and scheduling, and supervising subs. I have enjoyed every minute of the process.

So now the process is complete. Everything is put away in its proper, logical, convenient place. Most of the bills are paid (still waiting on the big ones - electrician and cabinet maker). There is nothing at all hanging over my head - and no more "Ta Da" moments to look forward to. I was so caught up in the anticipation of each component, the excitement and satisfaction as all the pieces fell into place, and I think I'm missing that.

Anyone else feel like this? Or am I just really weird?

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert