SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkplatow

OT, but do you know anything about Pandora-type charm bracelets?

lkplatow
13 years ago

I'm so sorry for the OT posting on the decorating side, but I haven't been able to log in at the conversations forum for days now -- I can log in here, but as soon as I click the Conversations link, it logs me out so I can't post over there. (Is anyone else having this problem?? I emailed Gardenweb but no response yet....)

And since Christmas is getting closer and I'm sure someone here must know the answers to my questions, I hope you'll forgive me for posting here.

I want to get a Pandora-type bead/charm bracelet for my MIL for Christmas -- she the sort of person who has everything she needs and this is the only thing I can think of to get her for Christmas that she doesn't already have and that I think she'd really enjoy. I know NOTHING about these things -- I don't even think I know anyone who has one. So I started researching today and I see that there are several different lines available - Pandora, Trollbeads, Brighton, Biagi, Chamilia, all the way down to generic knockoffs at Kohls. Around here, it seems like Pandora and Trollbeads are the "high end" with Trollbeads being quite a bit cheaper for the bracelet than Pandora (beads are about the same price). I want to get something nice that she'll be able to add beads to for a long time and I don't want to look cheap so I want to steer clear of the generic or of anything that requires a proprietary bead (I guess Pandora bracelets only fit Pandora beads???)

My sister in law says of the friends she knows who have these, she prefers Pandora - she thinks the beads are prettier than the trollbeads, which she described as "loud." I haven't seen either in person yet (plan to hit the stores tomorrow) but from what I understand, you can put Pandora beads on any kind of bracelet, you just can't put other brand beads on a Pandora bracelet? So maybe I'd be best buying the trollbeads bracelet then adding pandora beads to it? I was thinking of getting the bracelet and letting each of my kids pick out a bead to start her off -- then we could get her more beads over time. But I guess if you don't have the whole bracelet full you need "stopper" beads or something like that? I'm so confused!

Anyhow, now that I'm done babbling, I was wondering if anyone here had or knew anything about these types of charm bracelets -- can you tell me what manufacturer you have, whether you like it, what the differences are between manufacturers, etc? Thanks so much for any info you can provide!!!

Comments (46)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner