SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

What do you know about avatar musicians?

alisande
14 years ago

I don't know if that's the right term....I'm more than a little confused about this.

Following Jodi's suggestion (thanks, Jodi!), I set up a Google Alert to notify me of any Internet activity involving the name Luckstone, my maiden name. I've found a couple of cool things already. But I also found something I don't exactly understand: Spike Luckstone.

I've read several notices that Spike Luckstone, a guitarist, will be performing live at what seem to be various clubs around the country.....Des Moines, Baltimore, etc. I've also found pictures of Spike, and YouTube videos. But he's not real. The videos are animations, and his portraits look like good quality cartoons.

I also found stuff like this, which describes him as a real person:

I would like to introduce to you an amazing musician Spike Luckstone. This popular guitarist is one of the most requested performers in SL, performing several concerts each day.

For several years, he played the famous Las Vegas Strip, and has performed as a member of Gladys Knight's All Knight Band.

In addition to working steadily as a musician, Spike has also worked in a TV studio as a Director with such legendary performers as Smokey Robinson, Natalie Cole, Ricky Nelson, Andy Gibb, B.B. King, Desi Arnaz Jr., Glen Campbell, Tanya Tucker, to name but a few.

Performing live in Second Life, Spike has consistently charmed his fans with his unique instrumental style ranging from very simple and melodic, to twangy country, to light jazz, rock and blues. "I love to start out a song with the simple, basic melody, then build on it, try to improvise something different each time," says Spike.

Does anyone know what Second Life is? Is it one of those virtual community games, or whatever they're called? Is it possible that there's a real person behind the animation (someone is playing that guitar!)?

Thanks!

Susan

Comments (8)