SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teeda

Need Help with Entry Door Glass Options

teeda
11 years ago

Hello,
We are in the middle remodeling a 60s ranch home we recently purchased. Part of the exterior update is to replace the hideous entry doors with double french acadian style doors. I want to use a specialty glass to provide some distortion of interior views. The company we're ordering from offers an enormous variety of glass options and I'm really struggling to decide which to pick. Their website and catalog are not particularly helpful in that I can't find many photos of the glass used on an actual door. I would really appreciate any input from others who have used specialty glass in an entry door, or anyone who is willing to take a peek at what the company offers. I'm posting the architect's drawing of the exterior to show the door style (note: the sidelights will have a panel at the bottom and only one rail that iines up with the rails in the door window). What doesn't show in the drawing is that the large bow window is vintage leaded glass in the traditional diamond style (matching small window to right of door), and I'm keeping that in mind as I select the glass. The door will be stained mahogany. I'm not expecting total privacy from the specialty glass (I want as much light as possible in the foyer) and may choose to add something on the interior (blinds or sheer curtains). The glass options that I've narrowed it down to are: Artique, Flemish. Seedy Baroque, Warwick and Waterglass. The link to the door website is below. Thanks for any help!

Here is a link that might be useful: door website

Comments (13)