SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southernstitcher

Help me choose my laminate from these pictures, pretty please

southernstitcher
14 years ago

I decided I'll probably get all plywood Mid Continent cabinets and laminate to meet the budget. Laminate is more in line with my neighborhood and I don't mind it a bit.

I'm trying to choose a laminate that isn't trying too hard to be something it isn't, which is why the Crystaline Pearl is the frontrunner.

If Mid C keeps the current upgrade offers going a while longer I may be able to do this. I think I'm going to be well under my 20K budget. So, help me please!!!

Here are some samples. The stain color is decided, set in stone actually. I need help with which laminate.

Rustic alder in the harvest finish with chocolate glaze, and my current favorite chip: Wilson Art HD Crystaline Pearl, against my floor. This is a day shot, no flash. Everything looks pretty grayish.

This second one is clearer, taken with a flash and all four samples. On my monitor these are pretty spot on color wise for night time with my lighting. Tuscan Marble Formica is upper left, then both of the Santa Cecelia samples, the light and the gold. Then the bottom right is again, my favorite, the Crystaline Pearl.

Finally, here's a shot of my favorite chip against the floor. This shot is no flash, daylight but just taken at an angle making the floor look more like you normally see it, at an angle, and this is the best representation of the chip. It has both grays and tans in it.

Please, what do you think? We want light, not dark, and will have black appliances. Which one would look best if I decided to do a brick like backsplash? Or should I forget that idea?

Comments (17)