SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enright5

help me put it all together please!

enright5
11 years ago

Need some advice:

Kitchen remodel is just a couple weeks away and I have selected a creamy white paint for my cabinets ( same color as all my wood work in my home)

The island will be a dark espresso

The counters (Im 99% sure) will be Silestone Lagoon. Sure wish someone has gone before me with this so I could see a finished kitchen with this newer shade , but I had found close to no pics on GW or internet- Oh well someone has to be the pioneer right?!!

Although, I admit I am a bit worried that Lagoon will be too boring, I still always come back to it because it has the soft, simple, classic feel I like. As much as I love some of the careers marble alternatives out there (i.e.. Torquay, Rain cloud etc) I find Lagoon to be so subtle, but with a natural flow like a subdued or muted marble. Does that make sense? It has a quietness to it.

What has me at me now at a quandary is the tones I just realized I am grouping together. The Lagoon is definitely less white and more soft grey. Will this work with the creamy white cabinets I am painting? Sorry i don't have a paint color name for you- I am matching my wood work with a base board sample. I did check out BM Dove Whtie I read so much about on GW and it is a bit creamy than that shade.

I thought about possibly introducing a carerra marble subway back splash to slightly liven up the quietness of the Lagoon island and counters. I think this would work but I need some opinions.

Can I introduce the greys and whites of carerra marble to a creamy cabinet given he fact I will have a large element of soft muted grey in my coutners and island?

Below is a pic of the two cabinet shades and two samples of the Lagoon. I will post a close up shot of lagoon in another message- can't figure out how to upload more than one per message. I'll read the photo up loading link later tonight.

thank you!

Comments (9)