SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mls0520

Please help me put this family room together!(pics)

mls0520
15 years ago

I apologize for the picture sizes. I forget how to make them smaller?!?

Anyways, we've lived in our new house for four months now, and I'm having trouble creating a cozy, comfortable feeling in our family room. It's an open floor plan for starters. We intended on buying a chocolate leather sofa and loveseat, but just haven't done it yet. And, I would LOVE to put a flatscreen on the wall where the ent.center is now, with a console beneath it that would enclose all of the "machinery" which I hate having out in the open.

I need help with:

* furniture arrangement (I feel so stuck here, I don't know what to do. The carpet, wood floor break runs at a diagonal (you can see it in one of the pics) and I just have the recliner there.

* suggestions of pieces I should purchase- 2 loveseats? 1 loveseat/1sofa? coffee table or no coffee table?

* piano in or out? we do have an office I could put the piano in. I play, but not often. I don't really like this piano. I think it looks heavy in this room and just "takes up space".

* what to do decor-wise on the wall behind the sofa?

* end-tables and lamps suggestions. light wood tables? painted wood tables? floor lamps or table lamps?

I love my woodwork so I don't plan on doing window treatments other than wood blinds like I already have in the two smaller windows. The sofa is part of a sectional. The other part is in my garage. We plan on getting rid of it once we buy new furniture, but I'm not sure when that will be now.

I appreciate y'all's suggestions, comments, criticisms. Whatever it is, I can take it!

Comments (5)