SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
recordaras

Please help us choose bedroom wall color - exposed brick!

recordaras
9 years ago

Hi Gardenweb folks,

I was wondering if you could help us start wrapping our heads around paint color for our bedroom. We need to decide in the next couple of weeks, and I think my head is about to explode. The main "problem" we face is an exposed brick wall. I can't for the life of me figure out what color will go well next to the brick, all I can say is that I definitely do not like the current yellow we have. We will not be painting any of the trim or wainscoting, just the two walls that are yellow right now.

I wish we had better pictures, but hopefully these will give a bit of a general idea.

This is the bedroom - the wall behind the bed is brick and the wainscoting and trim are some variety of ecru. The furniture is a dark brown-black.Ceilings are white with big wood beams. (Don't mind the curtains or comforter, those will be changed out).

Here is a better picture of the floor and wall colors - the desk is being replaced by a dresser.

And this picture should give a better idea of what the wall, ceiling and wainscoting look like:

I personally love light neutrals, greige, pastels (sage!) and absolutely adore light gray, but I just can't piece together if any of those will work with the room and furniture... I tried playing around with the BM color tool - they have a somewhat similar bedroom layout available, with brick and dark furniture, but quickly got overwhelmed, not to mention how different paint colors look there vs photos.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

This post was edited by recordaras on Tue, Oct 14, 14 at 15:21

Comments (16)