SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andie325

Master Bedroom- Please Help choose bedding & window treatments!

Andie
5 years ago

Back with an update!

We were able to move our nightstands back into the room. I was also able to start putting together blue & white bedding to see how it would look, as I already had some components on hand and I was able to scoop up a quilt the other day that I really liked the texture and colors of. You can also see the night stands and how they look with the bed. We had to top them with grey in order to cover up some damage to the tops as we were repainting them. The other option was to sand and re-stain them, and we were trying to avoid that. So far, I'm liking how the blue & white is coming together. In order to complete the look, I am thinking that a blue comforter and blue shams with some sort of textural look would be a great final touch, along with a few new throw pillows to pull it together on the bed. The coverlet in the last picture is a very light one that I had in storage that I just put there temporarily to visualize a blue comforter until I can settle on one. I was also thinking of switching out the sheets to a pale aqua or grey to add interest to the bed. Future plans also include changing out the lamps or repainting the bases antique gold or something to bring some warmth and such to the room.. but I'd like to get the bed figured out first! :)

PS we got the bed this past weekend, and I LOVE it! It was a great buy!

Currently, I am going between several shades of blue, etc. for the comforter and shams.

I am going between this navy chenille set

Or one of these pin tucked style comforters in either the bright blue or the navy

or even a light blue

or, lastly, this "blue" (that's what the description says, I'm not sure if it is blue, but we will see!!!) chenille comforter

I really love the look of the navy chenille in the picture, but I'm worried about it looking dark in the room but then at the same time, all of the furniture will be white, etc.... I am not sure what to do.

Next step will be window treatments... which I need to figure out as well... but I'd like to get the bed figured out first! I am wondering if I go with white curtains with some sort of blue print? Solid navy? Solid white?

Any thoughts? I've kind of pulled this color palette together.. so I'm going to try to pull it all together with this. This particular artist even sells throw pillows of this painting... so that's a thought.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus