SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanwrites_gw

help - Danze ORB more red than black - I'm confused

susanwrites
13 years ago

So I just received my kitchen and bathroom faucets from faucetdirect and while I am over the moon at the beautiful black kitchen faucet, I'm not so sure about the oil rubbed bronze for the bathroom. I was expecting something that was almost black, as with most oil rubbed bronze but this is more coppery red. It's beautiful but I'm not sure if I can make it work.

The challenge is with the knobs and backplates that need to be replaced. The backplates are already hard to find because they are 5" long. (couldn't be the normal smaller length, oh no). And yes, I need to put backplates on because if I take them off there are holes in the wood and I can't match the stain/varnish/etc of maple that's been there for years. (No - I'm not painting them yet. Money is going to my wood floor and other things.)

Now that I have the faucet and see the color, I just don't know what color knobs/backplates I could use. If I got darker backplates and knobs, would that look funny? Anyone have any suggestions? Or maybe I should just send this back and get something else?

(Paint in here will be Baby Turtle)

Oh, another issue will be that I want to replace all the door knobs which are shiny brass and I was going to go ORB but how would that look against this faucet?

Comments (6)