SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_robinson1971

Help! I'm at a loss about what color to paint my living room!

Suzanne Robinson
6 years ago

For years my very traditional living room has been a beautiful ming red which sets off my black baby grand, floral print wing chairs on black ground, off white couch, and huge antique white bookcases. The window treatments, which I plan to keep are a soft gold silk tattersall with heavily fringed swag in the same fabric as the wing chairs. The dining room across the foyer is currently a soft gold with draperies in the same fabric as the wing chairs in the living room and it's swag is the same fabric that the living room drapes are made of.

Now here's my dilemma. I want to paint my dining room this wonderful paprika color I've found. It looks great against my very traditional mahogany and cherry dining room furniture and pulls out colors from the draperies. I think it will update the entire room. BUT....that wonderful updated paprika red means that I have to get rid of the ming red in my living room and I'm at a loss as to what to paint it. The large foyer with stairwell that runs between the two rooms is a very neutral muslin color and leads to a very large expresso colored den.

Here are pictures of the rooms, as they are now- LR at Christmas. And dining room. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (15)