SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

Rugs... I'm at a loss... please help

roorezzi
15 years ago

Hi All -

I am still having problems finding an 8x10 rug on a budget. I ordered one from JCP and the colors were GREAT but the pattern in the rug looked terrible. It looked faded and defective. I think that its supp to fade in and out but it just looked terrible. They took the rug back in store and even refunded my shipping.

I am now limiting myself to buying in-store or online where I can return in store. I guess my budget is around 350 or so.

Here is the original rug that looked terrible in person:

Here is the room in need of a rug. This is right after completing the floor and not all the furniture has been moved back in.

DH is particular about colors and such -- he is not the "traditional" kind but I do not mind it. At this point he trusts my judgement.

I found some at HD and didn't know if anyone had any experience with any -

Here are the links to the HD Rugs

Mohawk Parma Med Beige

Mohawk Parma Dk Beige

Mohawk Parma Dk Red Okra

Mohawk Parma Dk Red

Shaw Caroline Loden

Shaw Caroline Natural

Target Asian Woven

I found one in the Furniture store that is having a "closing for remodeling sale - 70% off rugs" but those are always a scam - anyway - it was very nice with a red border and the natural with patern in the middle. But it was $455. Quite a bit more than we wanted to spend... I'll have to go back and take a pic..

Any comments on if these would look good in the room - or if I am on the wrong track. Looking to bring in some Burgandy or spice type colors. Our goal is to bring in some color with the rug and then work on accessories, new curtains, throw pillows etc. Also planning on getting a choc ottoman.

I am going to take DH to look at them - they sell one in-store and the others on the site - free shipping and I think you can return in store (will find that out b4 buying) The one they have in store if the natural middle with the red border (Parma Med Beige.) and I think they have one of the Carolines in stock as well - not sure of the color Those are $100 cheaper but the pattern I think is a little busier?

Please help! I want to find one ASAP... :-(

Ruth

Comments (18)