SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mo13_gw

LR progress + rug questions

mo13
15 years ago

I had posted about finishing my LR maybe a month ago and there were some great suggestions. I have not been able to complete it yet but I like to think I have made progress. So, I thought I will show you guys what I have done so far and also have some questions regarding rugs in the LR and the entry. And any other accessorizing ideas/suggestions would be great also! :)

I painted the bookcase and chess table like you guys suggested and it looks so much better than when it was stained. I decided to paint the table white because I felt it would make that space too dark and heavy with both big pieces black. And I got upholstered chairs for the table also. Have yet to buy a different light fixture and make panels over there. The fabric I am thinking of using for window panels is the one in the second pic, its a pretty big scale print though, so I am not sure about it yet - tell me what you think. I was thinking I should do some medium scale prints since that is missing in this room.

{{gwi:1812331}}

{{gwi:1812333}}

Does the kilim rug work by the sofa? Or does it look too small? It just about covers the coffee table area in the room. The kilim used to be by the entry area. But, with the new art work there, the small entry area seems overloaded with color if I put the kilim also over there. Besides, the kilim was getting too dirty at the entry space.

{{gwi:1812334}}

I am thinking of getting just a small doormat kind of thing for the front door. My other question is if a graphic design will work for the doormat. I have put down a black and white graphic fabric there to get an idea. DH thinks I should put a plain jute rug there. What do you guys think?

{{gwi:1812338}}

As an aside, I got the idea for the artwork from this forum - I forgot who posted about it. I really liked the artwork ( I quilt so it totally appealed to me) and since its modern and doable with what little DIY skills we have, DH got on board.

Thanks

Mo

Comments (15)