SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

I'd like your opinion on this CL rug for my LR

bac717
10 years ago

I'm considering purchasing a new rug for our living room from Craigslist. I went to look at it yesterday and think it will work, but I do have some concerns. First of all, when shopping for the one and only rug we have in our home (the one in the LR I want to replace), I was, of course, able to bring home rugs and try them out. That really isn't a possibility with a CL purchase -- or is it? That really seems like asking a lot from the seller, doesn't it?

Here is my LR (which many of you have see way too many times). I'm trying to brighten up the space and phase out the wine color in the color scheme and that includes getting rid of the plaid chairs. The walls are SW Blonde.

Here is the rug for sale on CL, as shown on Peerless Rugs website. It's prettier IRL.

My other concern is the size. The current rug is kind of an odd size. It is 8' X 9', instead of 8' X 10'. The way I have it in the room right now is with the 9' side in front of the sofa and the 8' dimension running from the sofa to the chairs. It's definitely too skimpy in that direction, but I'm not sure about adding 4' more. The rug I'm looking at is considered a 9' X 12' and measures 8'8" X 12'.

Any thoughts you have on my rug decision would be, as always, greatly appreciated.

Comments (11)