SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frazzledfromdownunde

Fed up.

I have been in a relationship with my partner since Aug 2001. We lasted for about 4 years before splitting up due to problems with parenting, him saying I was too hard on his kids, and me trying to instill the same boundaries/rules/punishments on his kids as I would my own.

At the time there were 6 kids.

We've been separated, and recently back together. He bought a lovely home near the water, but the bank wouldn't allow him to borrow on just his wages, so he asked if I would like to be co borrower.......in other words get back together again. In the meantime he organised a dream holiday for me to the USA to visit friends from a forum I belonged to.

So we are together again, but down to 2 kids. His older son aged 18, and younger son, age 15. The younger son is one I have had many issue's with before. Years ago when we were together he was in trouble at school many times, walking out of the classroom, bringing live bullets to school, many other issue's. My partner and I were at logger heads over his not wanting punishment/taking away priviledges, and me thinking that some form was needed.

We had counselling........didn't get us anywhere.

Anyways, now we are together and this boy is again creating issue's between us. He has gone out leaving the house unlocked, doors open. He rides his trail bike around despite being told by his father he is not allowed to, nor is it legal as he is only 15.

He back chats me, doesn't do chores, runs up bills on the phone account by buying credits for on line games such as runescape etc.

I punished him one day, grounding him to home, no TV, no fishing, no friends. I was the one who got into trouble for punishing him. His father works at a mine, about 8 hours away and often is not home for over a week or more. His dad said it was unfair to punish the boy because he had nothing to do that day. [I had given him chores to do, which he refused to do]

When he is home, he pulls his sons aside in a 'private conference' to discuss issues. I am not invited.

He wants me to lose weight and whilst shopping the other day, offered me a carton of flavoured milk. I refused, but when I picked up some lo calorie, low fat icecream, he told me in a loud voice NO!! He wants me to give my word not to eat chocolate again, yet will not ask his son to give his word to not be rude to me, to do as asked, and not leave the house unattended. He says his son is only 15, he can't do that.

His son was recently pulled over by police for riding a trail bike without a helmet. I was the one who had to go to the police station with him for the official warning. During the warning, he wore a smug grin on his face the whole time, as if he found it a joke. I told him it wasn't a joke, as did the police officer, but his grin just grew broader though he did agree his actions were dangerous and if caught again, he'd be fined $1,500.

I am fed up with being treated this way, and fed up with the lack of support from the boys father.

I'm seeing a counsellor next week, but would like other peoples opinions.

I feel I am being controlled here, and here, just to cook, clean house and be here while he's at work, plus my wages help with mortgage payments etc.

My partner says he is sick and tired of me complaining to him each time something like this happens. He will not back me up.

I am hurting badly.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH