SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heruga

Really fed up with similar looking plants

And not being able to identify them. It's become to the point I don't trust the label of the plant anymore whatsoever and I have to inspect and identify the plant myself. For example I saw a plant labeled polygonatum odoratum 'variegatum' and liriope muscari 'big blue' at a nursery today. I spent a good 20 min on each plant trying to identify them. And that's because there is also a plant called polygonatum falcatum 'variegatum' and they look the same as odoratum and I heard that these plants are often mistakenly labeled. Same with liriope muscari and liriope spicata. 2 years ago I bought some 95 plants labeled as liriope muscari 'big blue' and this year I realized they are so invasive running all over the place so I dug up all 95 of them and gave it away. What a pain it was. This is an example where this plant labeled liriope muscari 'big blue' was actually a liriope spicata. How in the world am I supposed to get the right plant. I research and research the differences between the 2 similar plants and there are some good info but when I actually go to inspect them it's actually different than what the internet states.

Comments (14)