SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drheisesr

Fed Up With My Cabrio Washing Machine

drheisesr
4 years ago

OK, I've given our Whirlpool Cabrio washing machine enough time (3-4 years) to redeem itself and now it's time to really gripe. I've had to take care of the water hammer situation (see 'LG washer pounding' posts) twice now but I need some feedback on the following: When washing colors - especially those with sleeves - everything gets 'balled up' when done and there are also dry spots in the fabrics despite using the deep water and second rinse functions! I've also seen some sort of residue on the dark colors that I might expect if using powdered detergent but we ALWAYS have used the HE liquid - what's that all about? This morning we washed a set of full (not queen or king) sheets and a thin blanket. Result - everything wound up in a tight ball to one side throwing the washing machine off balance and walking forward about 6"; thank goodness we were here! And oh, by the way, we always open up all of our laundry when placing it into the tub; never just dumping the basket in..... This NEVER happened with our old agitator equipped machine. I can't believe that we're the only ones experiencing these problems and would love to see your comments as well as some constructive feedback from Whirlpool concerning this. A visit from a Whirlpool engineer would also be welcome.

Comments (27)