SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

really fed up with it now

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Still dry as a bone and the allotment looks awful. Potatoes have finally crapped out (expecting to dig withered marbles) while bindweed has been on the rampage. Partly my own fault as the plot is so crowded with massive roses that no-one else will agree to helping out. A few weeks off (having to take on spousal duties, meant the needs of the allotment drifted further away, and it is obvious that I had just been holding back the chaos by the skin of my teeth before extra disaster...and now I am filled with despair that its all wasted work and will have to wait another year to get it right. It had looked gorgeous until mid June...and went downhill fast.

I probably have these despairing thoughts every July but this year has seemed a worse fail than other years. Most of the fruit was a disaster (the plums being the latest)...yet I have bloody heaps and heaps of redcurrants (which I have no desire to pick or use) - hanging there, unbothered by no rain, while the strawbs, cherries and blackcurrants also failed.

And huge glaning gaps and shrivelled foliage everywhere. Demoralising. Demotivating. Depressing.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!