SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike2388

Need Advice on adult stepchild

mike2388
15 years ago

I have never had any children of my own, my wife has 3, two were older and a 14 year old. When we moved in together the 14 year old of course came. I have since grown close to her and have offered to adopt her.

The problem comes when her older daughter had a child at 18-19, she was living with her grandparents. She asked if she could move in for a couple months till she got on her feet. Given the age and just having a son, I agreed. Wells its been over a year and I told her mom I wanted her gone. I get screamed at because we can't put her child and grandson on the street. She is twenty years old now. We have had fights about her on and off for about 6 months now, once leading to a seperation. I tried to be alittle different but the latest came when she kept having a boyfriend sleep over and was repeatedly asked not to have him sleep over without asking first. She would say okay and the next night he would be here. Well I have since made it known he was no longer allowed here now, which he isn't.

I know my wife and I love each other but I am getting angrier and angrier over this. I do not get along with her eldest much at all, have tried but don't. And when some things are said, I get a guilt trip of...you wouldn't say that to the other daughter.

Am I wrong for wanting her daughter to move out? I do care about her, just tired of her being here. Demanding will cause our marriage to end, but her staying will proabally cause that as well. Don't know what to do.

Comments (14)