SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spellbinding

Need advice about step-child

spellbinding
22 years ago

I really need your help on thids one. I am a 24 year old mother of a 5 year old boy. I am married to a 24 year old man with a 4 year old daughter. We are now 6 months pregnant with a child that is ours. We live 3000 miles away from his daughter and my son lived with us. We hardly see his daughter, except when we go home. He adores my son, but I hate his daughter. It is the only argument we have, we never fight about anything else.

I don't know what to do, I i love my husband very much and he is so good to me and my son. I just can not like his daughter or accept her. Sometimes I want to leave him because of her, but I love him to much to leave.

I don't want her around the new baby or my son, I don't even want her around me. What do I do? Do I just bite my tounge, try to stay away from her and keep her from my children or do I just grin and bear it.

This child cry's all the time, non-stop. She cry's when he pays attention to my son or when he pays attention to me. She crys when she doesn't get what she wants from him. She cry's when my son play's with her toys. She cry because her daddy is having a new baby. All she does is cry and wine.

We didn't always live so far, we lived in the same town with her for the longest. We went swimming this one time and my husband was tossing my son in the air and letting him land in the water, my son loved it. His daughter started crying, so he stopped what he was doing went to comfort her and tryed to do the same to her because that is what she wanted. She started crying and wanted to get out of the pool. He put her out and came back in with us. She started crying again because she wanted to get out the pool and be with her. He didn't and she started screaming. My son and I left.

It is not like me to dislike a child, but I really hate this child. It hurts him so much that I feel this way, but the only time we fight about it is when his mom calls and lays it on him abou how his daughter just walkes around and crys when she has her. His mom says because she wants her daddy there with her, not here with us.

Please somebody help me, I hate seeing my husband hurt on the other hand though I can not stand this little girl.

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living