SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackie1956

Selecting White Interior Trim for Beige ~ Help!

blackie1956
12 years ago

This color business. It causes insanity, obsessiveness, hair-pulling! I hate it!!!

Okay, so I'm going with BM Shaker Beige in the living spaces of our new construction home. We will get East and South light. I want white trim. In our current home we have Sherwin William's version of Shaker Beige, which is a custom mix I came up with. I love it. Our trim color is Pure Natural White, by some brand called Expressions. I don't know who makes it or where we got it. I like it though. So, here's the problem. I read all these posts about how cold or stark a pure or extra white can be, and so I think, I need to find a white which has a slight warm cast to it. Like Dover White, as an example. Many people like BM Acadia, but it seems to have a slight green cast to me, so that's out. I look at many of these lightly tinted whites, and they just seem too tinted, and i fear I'll not have enough contrast. Suggestions? I want a neutral to warm white with enough contrast for our light to medium neutral beige walls to pop. Our painting contractor does business with Sherwin Williams, but they can match anything from BM.

Thank you!

Comments (8)