SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boboems

The Other Woman

boboems
15 years ago

Hello to all. I am new to this forum but I am reading it for over an year now. Even though I do not fully understand many of the abbreviations and that English is not by far a mother tongue for me, I really appreciate the kind of support and advices and the "feeling" running around this forum. In my country the civil society is not accustomed to create the tools to help communities, so, it is another reason to post here.

Bottom line, I am frozen with the thought that I will be blamed, rejected and hit with rock by many of you, and still, I am keeping my hope that I could find some advice and support.

To keep a long story short: I am the Other Woman. Me and my boyfriend started a relation over a year ago, when he was still married. I was married too. He had (still has thank God) 1 son of 12 and a daughter on the way. It is a looong story I would more than gladly share, but only if someone is interested. He is just commenced divorce procedures, as things calmed down for the son and the little girl is almost one year old (the reasons he wanted to postpone the divorce). Thing is, in the begining I had several meeting with his son, going to parks, or mcD, or basketball, he was acting cool and ok, very polite and nice. Since the divorce papers were submitted he more or less refused any contact with me. The Dad visits them daily and takes part in their lifes, and I was the one strongly encouraging him to do so. We are buying stuff for them, supporting... In the divorce papers the ex-wife refused to agree to Dad visits anywhere else than the home (motivating with the age only in respect of the daughter). Now, I have every intention of spending my life with this man, and he is with me, so besides my frustration of being left out (with which I could deal thinking it's too early, things will work out, so on), I am very aware that I need to invest in this from the very begining, and I want to do so. How should I proceed with this, any advice, please?

Comments (39)