SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artsielady

Husband spends all his free time with his adult chilrdren

artsielady
15 years ago

I have been marriend two my husband for five years. He has 3 sons two who are 26 (act like they are 16), and a son who is 29 and a daughter 24. All are single, nothing going on in their lives, and are able to participate in his activities: hunting, fishing, camping, and he attempts to abalone dive with them, as that is a passion of his sons. They do not live with us. I have 2 sons who are married and have lives of their own. My husband spends 3 out of 4 weekends with his children, and during his breaks froms school. He makes plans with them to take them camping,fishing and hunting. He enjoys partying with them, as they too like to drink. I have been unable to particiate in a lot of the activites we did when we first got married due to having a knee replacement and now I have back problems. When I have complained he told me I needed to find friends to do things with, as he has hid kids. Fine, I took up scuba diving and have made several out of the country trips. I included him on my first dive in Tahiti and paid for him to be certified thinking it would be something we could do together, and bring us closer together. I heard him talking on the phone to someone, and telling someone that the best trip he had taken this year was the camping trip he had with all his kids. (I can't win) We recenctly made plans to go camping (just the two of us), as it is very seldom that he will make plans for just the two us (IF EVER) We are going up to the mountains 3 hours from home and his son shows up. My husband says that he did not arrange for his son to come up there, but I disagree as the son knew exactly where we were going to be, and then my husband told him to join us, so they could go off fishing togeher. I cut the trip short and came home. My husband invited me to go on a trip to the coast packaging it as a romantic weekend, it wasn't until later that I found out the same son would be sharing our room. When is enough...enough. Am I wrong in feeling that my husband should be putting OUR relationship first. I am getting so tired of playing second fiddle to his kids, and to me they aren't kids they're adults. I very seldom see mine as they have lives of their own, and they are not "dependent" on me nor I on them. Any feedback would be appreciated. He pays little attention to my feelings. The only time we have together is when I plan a trip out of the country, and he will go, as I am paying for it. He can plan hunting, fishing and abalone trips for him and his kids but not with only me. He can't even plan a date to a show and movie. Am I not seeing something? I am seriouly considering leaving him as it is becoming more and more difficult to see a future with him.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living