SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd

My 1st Consultation!

ttodd
11 years ago

For 11yrs. or so I have posted on this forum. For the last 7 or 8 of them GW old timers have listened to me drone on about the furniture business that we were to buy, the little stone house on the same property that we were going to move into, my dreams of eventually having my own little 'something' w/ home decor and furniture. So many years and many of you hung in there w/ me.

You saw us finally buy the business at the end of last year then the offer posed to us about buying DH's grandmother's historic farmhouse in the near future when we are ready (business had to come first) instead of the stone cottage and they are willing to wait for us.

Yesterday DH told me that he set up a consultation for me to assist a customer w/ her table and chairs. She knows the look that she wants but isn't sure how to achieve it so I am going in to go over options and paint colors/ finishes w/ her.

It's a just a little step but one towards my desire to have my own decorative furniture painting and home decor business and a way to grow the business that we currently have. And high quality freehand painting. I've been professionally trained in many different styles of painting but never put it to use. I've also been fortunate enough to grow up w/ furniture makers, some of who are amazing at their techniques for ageing pieces (they will not divulge). Never really believed that I could do it or that the opportunity for me could ever be there but I dreamed none-the-less.

1 more year school year until all of our kids are in school FT and then I can really just jump in securely knowing that financially this will be the perfect time to expand and offer more services while satisfying my true desires!

So that's my update of some of the things that you've heard me yammer away about for so long. Thank you for helping me keep those dreams alive because there were lots of times when I thought any 1 of them would never happen, but mostly the one where I would get to paint furniture again.

To all of my GW friends a huge 'Thank You!' - you have been of great moral support, suggestions and ideas!

Comments (17)