SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wubba1108

1st yr winter sowing, 1st battle scar.

wubba1108
16 years ago

admittedly, i can be a bit of a klutz. as evident today. my 1st day EVER winter sowing. got up this mornin' & had all my gear ready to go. on my 2nd 2 liter soda bottle, i was attempting to cut drainage holes in the bottom &, in my excitment, got alittle "sloppy" w/ technique i suppose.

yup. the knife i so smartly decided to use puncture my hand instead of the 2 liter bottle. oppsie.

as soon as i stabbed myself i let go of the knife and, ummm yeah, the knife remained in my hand. not the most pleasant of moments in my day, i should say.

fortunately, we all the remodeling we're doin' on our fixer upper, i'm pretty vigilant about keeping up-to-date on my tetanus shots.

but being a committed gardener, i did not let my little battle scar deter me. once i was bandaged up, i winter sowed my 1st 18 containers. all perennials.

my annual seeds will be arriving this week & i should be able to easily have another 20 containers done by next weekend.

i gotta say, despite the "violence," it was the best morning i've had in awhile. there's nothing like playing in the dirt, is there?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting