SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katrina_ellen

Color help please, can't decide!

katrina_ellen
9 years ago

I would like to paint my bedroom but I think I am stuck in a rut, the rest of my small house is in neutrals, tans, off whites and olive type greens. In my very small bedroom, 11'5" x 11'5", I currently have BM soft fern, which is a lovely soft green, although in my lighting it somehow turns a minty color. I have a window facing west, but it faces the street, so most of the time I have the north facing window opened. One thing I don't want to change are my curtains, which are a warmer light sage color. My carpet is a beige with that looks very neutral, but I am planning on replacing it, but it would be with other light colored carpet to go with the rest of the house, which is beige with a slightly yellow, grey undertone. My bed is off white and nightstand is white, and I am planning on getting another white nightstand to go with it. I also have a desk in the room which is white. My dresser is a medium to darker wood. The style is feminine, the headboard and footboard are curved. I can't remove the footboard, it needs rails, and its higher up so I can use under the bed for some storage. I don't have the ability to post a picture at this time but could do it at work, but right now the room is tore apart, I am painting the trim. I tend to like warmer colors which is why I chose the soft fern, but my light seems to make it cooler. I had considered BM lewiville green, which I tried a sample of and it stays warm throughout the day, but for some reason I am just not excited about it - probably because all I have are neutrals and greens everywhere. Just wondering if you have any ideas for a room with white furniture, where it won't just look blah. I would be open to any suggestions, as long as they go with my sage green curtains. I just can't decide for some reason, I feel like I am in a color rut and don't even know what I like, I just want the room to feel cozy and inviting. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (14)